BUILDING A MORE WALKABLE GREATER CARTHAGE AREA
A walk audit will be facilitated by Walkable Communities expert Mark Fenton for an interdisciplinary group of community stakeholders.
Agenda will includes:
- 30 minute introductions and short presentation
- 1½ hour “Walkabout” the community/Walk Audit
- 30 minute follow-up discussion
Goals for the walk audit include:
- Education. Guides people to experience and assess the physical activity of an area, not just look at it theoretically.
- Inspiration. Helps leaders and policy makers to explore what could be possible.
- Practical planning. Outstanding way to get community stakeholders actively involved in project or policy development, valuing each person’s input.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who can influence or is affected by the built environment: Elected and appointed officials, planning and zoning officials, school board members, planners, highway and public works, engineers, architects and landscape architects, public health and safety, school officials, parents, children, elderly, and people with disabilities.
May 15, 2019 from 1pm – 4pm
Please arrive by 12:30 pm for registration
Champion Municipal Building, 10 North Broad Street, Carthage, NY (parking in rear)
Contact Jean Waterbury at (315) 785-2606 or email@example.com if interested in participating