|Organization||Town of Champion|
|Date and Time||Monday, July 3 2017 at 7:00 PM|
|Place||Town of Champion Offices Board Room (rear of building) 10 N Broad St, West Carthage NY|
|Contact||Chris Vargulick Town Clerk Phone (315) 493-3240 Fax(315) 493-2900|
The Town of Champion Town Board met in regular monthly session on Monday, July 3, 2017 at the Town Municipal Building, 10 North Broad Street, West Carthage. Present were Supervisor Ferguson and Councilmen Stewart, Watkins (7:03) and Waite. Councilman Buzzell was absent.
Supervisor Ferguson called the meeting to order at 7:00pm, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Supervisor Ferguson opened the meeting for public comment. Diana Harris asked about a vacancy on the Board of Assessment Review due to a member moving out of the Town. Supervisor Ferguson acknowledged the vacancy.
· Engineer Supervisor Ferguson reported that USDA-RD has reviewed and agreed to the bid for soil remediation in SD#2. The designs for the oil/water separator and relocation of the fuel tanks at the highway barn are pending.
· Councilmen L. Waite advised that there is a State funding opportunity to replace the bus operated by the Wilna-Champion Transportation Association. Supervisor Ferguson stated that the Association has applied in the past and that he expects them to submit an application for this funding round. H. Watkins and T. Stewart commented on their attendance at the annual Lewis County Soil and Water Conservation water conference held in Old Forge.
· Highway Superintendent Supervisor Ferguson presented the Highway Superintendents prepared report. Mr. Sech was on vacation. The report noted the following activities: paving completed on Putman Hill and Wilton Roads; estimates have been prepared for additional road work; roadside mowing continues; gravel roads have been maintained; the JD loader has been repaired; and providing trucks and assistance to the Village.
· Assessor Mr. Vargulick reported that the Towns equalization rate has been certified by the State at 100%.
· Planning Board/ZEO Mr. LaBarge reported that the Planning Board is reviewing an application for a minor subdivision on the Hall Road. Mr. LaBarge issued zoning permits for a home, storage buildings and pools during the prior month.
· Circuit Rider K. Amyot reported on her attendance at various regional meetings.
Motion by Mr. Stewart, seconded by Mr. Waite to approve the minutes of June 5, 2017 as presented. Ayes-4, Nays-0. Motion carried.
Motion by Mr. Stewart, seconded by Mr. Watkins to approve payment of the following bills as presented:
General #157-189 .$23,839.93
Highway #99-125 $104,822.02
RACOG #6-7 $519.88
Con WD#1 O&M #14-15 $534.93
WD#2,4 &5 O&M #38-44 ..$10,712.53
SD#2 O&M #30-34 ..$1,428.22
Ayes-4, Nays-0. Motion carried.
The Supervisors monthly report was read and discussed. Motion by Mr. Watkins, seconded by Mr. Stewart to accept the report as presented. Ayes-5, Nays-0. Motion carried.
Supervisor Ferguson advised the Board that a complaint has been received from a homeowner living on Railroad Street regarding the disturbance caused by the Great Bend Fire drill team. Supervisor Ferguson responded to the complainant by letter stating that the Town would review issues associated with the operation of a race track and would forward the complaint to the fire district chairman with the intention that an amicable compromise may be reached between the parties. Supervisor Ferguson reported on the County Shared Services meeting and the Comprehensive Planning Committee meeting. The Comprehensive Plan Committee is reviewing goals and strategies to include in the plan.
· PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 284 OF THE HIGHWAY LAW, THE TOWN OF CHAMPION TOWN BOARD ADOPTED THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTION AT A MEETING HELD ON JULY 3, 2017 FOR WHICH THE BOARD WAS GIVEN ADEQUATE NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW AND AT WHICH A QUORUM WAS PRESENT AND VOTING.
Resolution offered by Councilman Stewart;
Seconded by Councilman Waite:
BE IT RESOLVED, that the monies levied and collected for the repair and improvement of highways, shall be expended as follows:
IMPROVEMENTS: The following sums shall be set aside to be expended for the improvement of town highways:
Lamb Road commencing 0.8 miles from the Intersection with County Route 47 and
for a distance of 0.8 miles in a north westerly direction there shall be
expended not over the sum of $41,144.60.
Type: 12.5 MM F9 Top; Width of travel surface: 20; Thickness: 1.5.
Ayes-4, Nays-0. Resolution adopted.
Motion by Mr. Watkins, seconded by Mr. Stewart to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 7:37pm.